Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the Little House series.
- #1: Little House in the Big Woods (Hardcover): $17.99
- #2: Farmer Boy: Full Color Edition (Little House #2) (Paperback): $8.99
- #4: On the Banks of Plum Creek (Little House #4) (Paperback): $8.99
- #5: By the Shores of Silver Lake (Little House #5) (Paperback): $8.99
- #6: The Long Winter (Little House #6) (Paperback): $8.99
- #7: Little Town on the Prairie (Little House #7) (Hardcover): $16.99
- #8: These Happy Golden Years (Little House #8) (Paperback): $8.99
- #9: The First Four Years (Little House #9) (Paperback): $8.99
- #10: Christmas Stories (Little House Chapter Books: Laura (Prebound) #10) (Prebound): $16.80
America's Original Pioneer Girl
Pa Ingalls decides to sell the little log house, and the family sets out for Indian country! They travel from Wisconsin to Kansas, and there, finally, Pa builds their little house on the prairie. Sometimes farm life is difficult, even dangerous, but Laura and her family are kept busy and happy with the promise of their new life on the prairie.
Little House on the Prairie is the second book in the Laura Years series.
Performed by Cherry Jones.
About the Author
Laura Ingalls Wilder (1867–1957) was born in a log cabin in the Wisconsin woods. With her family, she pioneered throughout America’s heartland during the 1870s and 1880s, finally settling in Dakota Territory. She married Almanzo Wilder in 1885; their only daughter, Rose, was born the following year. The Wilders moved to Rocky Ridge Farm at Mansfield, Missouri, in 1894, where they established a permanent home. After years of farming, Laura wrote the first of her beloved Little House books in 1932. The nine Little House books are international classics. Her writings live on into the twenty-first century as America’s quintessential pioneer story.