Other Books in Series
This is book number 21 in the A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery series.
- #11: Bones of a Feather: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #12: Bonefire of the Vanities (A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery #12) (Paperback): $22.99
- #14: Booty Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #15: Bone to Be Wild: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #16: Rock-a-Bye Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #17: Sticks and Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Paperback): $22.99
- #18: Charmed Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #19: A Gift of Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #20: Game of Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #22: A Garland of Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Hardcover): $25.99
- #23: Independent Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Hardcover): $26.99
The Devil's Bones is the latest novel in the series from Carolyn Haines that Kirkus Reviews characterizes as “Stephanie Plum meets the Ya-Ya Sisterhood” featuring sassy Southern private investigator Sarah Booth Delaney.
As Sarah Booth sees it, Easter weekend is a time to celebrate life in all its many forms. So when the newly-pregnant Tinkie invites her and Cece on a girls’ trip to Lucedale, Mississippi to celebrate that spring has officially sprung, Sarah Booth can’t resist. Plans include facials, food, and a trip to the incredible Garden of Bones—a miniature Holy Land with recreations of all parts of the Middle East—for their Sunrise Easter Services led by biblical scholar, gardener, and creator of the Gardens Daniel Reynolds.
Unfortunately for Sarah Booth and the gang, someone doesn’t seem to appreciate this season of new life. Easter morning has just dawned when the trio find themselves at the Mount of Olives—with a dead body at their feet.
Reynolds identifies the dead man as local lawyer Perry Slay, who was well known for his sly and underhanded dealings. Perry had rubbed plenty of people the wrong way, and now it looks like someone has rubbed him out…
Because being a PI apparently means never being on vacation, Sarah Booth and her friends must now find a way to resurrect the truth from a list of suspects as long as the River Jordan, reveal the devil in disguise, and—if they’re lucky—find a moment to enjoy a few chocolate bunnies before more bodies pile up like pillars of salt.
About the Author
Carolyn Haines is the USA Today bestselling author of the Sarah Booth Delaney mystery series and a number of other books in mystery and crime, including the Pluto's Snitch paranormal-historical mystery series, and Trouble, the black cat detective romantic suspense books. She is the recipient of the Harper Lee Award for Distinguished Writing, the Richard Wright Award for Literary Excellence, and the Mississippi Writers Guild Lifetime Achievement Award. She is a former journalist, bartender, photographer, farmhand, and college professor and lives on a farm where she works with rescue cats, dogs, and horses.
"Lively....Cozy fans will have fun." —Publishers Weekly
"Wickedly entertaining, intelligent, and consistently compelling....a delightful, well-crafted peach of a cozy."
—Southern Literary Review