Usually Ships within 2 weeks.
From the Native American tribal faiths and the Judeo-Christian traditions to Scientology and other nascent religions, man's search for God takes many fascinating forms. In this easy-to-use and comprehensive guide, you'll explore the intriguing dogma and rituals, cultural convictions, and often-checkered backgrounds and histories of the world's religions. This mystical tour of major and minor religions, both ancient and contemporary, includes:
- How religions deal with the issue of evil
- Which religions believe in an afterlife--and what you have to do to get there
- The history and moral foundations of major religions
- Belief in non-belief and the fundamentals of atheism
- Special holidays and festivals central to each religion
From Hinduism to Hare Krishna and from evangelicalism to Wicca, this book includes more than fifty religious perspectives and denominations. It's the ultimate guide to exploring the beliefs and traditions of religions around the world.
About the Author
An Adams Media author.