Other Books in Series
This is book number 6 in the Lake District Mysteries series.
- #1: The Coffin Trail: A Lake District Mystery (Lake District Mysteries #1) (Paperback): $18.99
- #2: The Cipher Garden (Lake District Mysteries #2) (Large Print / Paperback): Email or call for price
- #3: The Arsenic Labyrinth (Lake District Mysteries #3) (Large Print / Paperback): Email or call for price
- #4: The Serpent Pool: A Lake District Mystery (Lake District Mysteries #4) (Large Print / Paperback): Email or call for price
- #5: The Hanging Wood: A Lake District Mystery (Lake District Mysteries #5) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #7: The Dungeon House (Lake District Mysteries #7) (Large Print / Paperback): Email or call for price
On Halloween, just before the First World War, a young woman's corpse was found with a makeshift shroud frozen to her battered face. Her ghost - the Faceless Woman - is said to walk through Ravenbank each Halloween. Just five years ago, Katya Moss was killed, her face also covered to hide her injuries. The seemingly related cases fascinate Daniel Kind, a specialist in the history of murder. Then, while he is attending a Halloween party in Ravenbank, a third murder occurs. Once again, the corpse's face is shrouded from view. This can't be a coincidence.
It all presents DCI Hannah Scarlett, head of the Cold Case Review Team, with the toughest challenge of her career. Hannah and Daniel team up professionally. But before they can solve this shocking puzzle, both of them must confront ghosts from their own past, as well as the ghosts of lonely, lovely, and mysterious Ravenbank.
About the Author
Martin Edwards has published sixteen crime novels and more than 50 short stories. His crime fiction has been short-listed for several awards and in 2008 he won the CWA Short Story Dagger. He had edited 20 crime anthologies and contributed essays to many reference books and magazines. His website is www.martinedwardsbooks.com