Other Books in Series
This is book number 8 in the Stephanie Plum Novels series.
- #1: One for the Money (Stephanie Plum #1) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #2: Two for the Dough (Stephanie Plum #2) (Hardcover): $27.99
- #3: Three to Get Deadly: A Stephanie Plum Novel (Mass Market): $9.99
- #4: Four to Score (Stephanie Plum Novels #4) (Paperback): $19.99
- #5: High Five (Stephanie Plum Novels #5) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #6: Hot Six: A Stephanie Plum Novel (Stephanie Plum Novels #6) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #7: Seven Up: A Stephanie Plum Novel (Stephanie Plum Novels #7) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #9: To the Nines: A Stephanie Plum Novel (Stephanie Plum Novels #9) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #10: Ten Big Ones: A Stephanie Plum Novel (Stephanie Plum Novels #10) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #11: Eleven on Top (Stephanie Plum Novels #11) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #12: Twelve Sharp (Stephanie Plum Novels #12) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #13: Lean Mean Thirteen (Stephanie Plum Novels #13) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #14: Fearless Fourteen: A Stephanie Plum Novel (Stephanie Plum Novels #14) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #15: Finger Lickin' Fifteen (Stephanie Plum Novels #15) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #16: Sizzling Sixteen (Stephanie Plum Novels #16) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #17: Smokin' Seventeen: A Stephanie Plum Novel (Hardcover): $28.00
- #18: Explosive Eighteen: A Stephanie Plum Novel (Mass Market): $8.99
- #19: Notorious Nineteen: A Stephanie Plum Novel (CD-Audio): $14.99
- #20: Takedown Twenty: A Stephanie Plum Novel (Mass Market): $8.99
- #21: Top Secret Twenty-One: A Stephanie Plum Novel (Mass Market): $8.99
- #22: Tricky Twenty-Two: A Stephanie Plum Novel (Mass Market): $8.99
- #23: Turbo Twenty-Three: A Stephanie Plum Novel (Mass Market): $8.99
- #24: Hardcore Twenty-Four: A Stephanie Plum Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #25: Look Alive Twenty-Five: A Stephanie Plum Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #26: Twisted Twenty-Six (Stephanie Plum #26) (Paperback): $9.99
- #27: Fortune and Glory: Tantalizing Twenty-Seven (Stephanie Plum #27) (CD-Audio): $29.99
- #28: Game On: Tempting Twenty-Eight (Stephanie Plum #28) (CD-Audio): $29.99
The #1 bestselling phenomenon continues in the eighth Stephanie Plum novel. The stakes get higher, the crimes get nastier, the chases get faster, and the men get hotter.
This time Stephanie, Morelli, Ranger. Lula, Valerie, and Grandma Mazur are strapped in for the ride of their lives. Stephanie is hired to find a missing child. But things aren't always as they seem and Stephanie must determine if she's working for the right side of the law. Plus, there's the Morelli question: can a Jersey girl keep her head on straight when more than just bullets are aimed for her heart? And with the Plum and Morelli relationship looking rocky, is it time for Ranger to move in for the kill? Janet Evanovich's latest thriller proves that Hard Eight will never be enough.
About the Author
Janet Evanovich is the author of the Stephanie Plum books, including One for the Money and Sizzling Sixteen, and the Diesel & Tucker series, including Wicked Appetite. Janet studied painting at Douglass College, but that art form never quite fit, and she soon moved on to writing stories. She didn’t have instant success: she collected a big box of rejection letters. As she puts it, “When the box was full I burned the whole damn thing, crammed myself into pantyhose and went to work for a temp agency.” But after a few months of secretarial work, she managed to sell her first novel for $2,000. She immediately quit her job and started working full-time as a writer. After a dozen romance novels, she switched to mystery, and created Stephanie Plum. The rest is history. Janet’s favorite exercise is shopping, and her drug of choice is Cheeze Doodles.
LORELEI KING has recorded over 200 audiobooks, including several titles from Janet Evanovich’s bestselling Stephanie Plum series and Darynda Jones’s Charley Davidson series. Her many awards include the 2008 Audie Award for Female Solo Narration for Tallgrass by Sandra Dallas, the Radio Times performer of the Year for The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood, and AudioFile Earphones Awards for Eleven on Top and Twelve Sharp, both by Janet Evanovich. AudioFile also deemed her one of the "Best Voices of 2008."
King’s screen credits include Notting Hill, House of Mirth, and Cold Feet, among others. She has appeared as regular and recurring characters in popular British television shows such as Chef, Cold Feet, Alistair McGowan's Big Impression, Emmerdale, and the saucy Mile High. King now makes her home in London, where she lives with her husband, actor Vincent Marzello.
“Keeps up Evanovich's standards for over-the-top situations” —Chicago Tribune
“[A] must read...readers will want to finish this delightful work in one sitting.” —Midwest Book Review
“Offers the best action yet.” —Newark Star-Ledger
“The girl mercenary is as fresh as ever.” —People
“Hard Eight is most emphatically not Raymond Chandler but, like his work, a piece of finely crafted prose.” —San Francisco Chronicle
“Plum is one of fiction's most irresistible heroines.” —Seattle Post Intelligencer
“Evanovich has certainly come a long way since One for the Money; her latest Stephanie Plum mystery merits a one-day national laydown on June 18.” —Library Journal
“Well plotted and cleverly resolved...her wickedly funny characterizations and the intriguing love triangle are what keep her readers coming back for more.” —Bookpage
“As close to summer escapism as you can get. Evanovich hits a high note with her newest...a great addition to a well-stocked beach bag.” —Houston Chronicle
“A perfect summer vacation book...promises fun, laughter, and unforgettable characters...Evanovich delivers.” —Tennessean (Nashville, TN)
“Thrills mixed with lust, seasoned with humor: a delightful escape.” —News & Record (Greensboro, NC)
“Evanovich produces more than "beach reading". She writes rollicking, raunchy, hysterical fiction that is so real, you will laugh out loud and want to visit the Burg.” —Rockwall County News
“Just when you think the adventures of Plum and company can't get any funnier or more convoluted, Janet Evanovich proves you wrong-nobody does it better!” —Romantic Times