Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the Dog Tricks and Training series.
- #1: 101 Dog Tricks: Step by Step Activities to Engage, Challenge, and Bond with Your Dog (Dog Tricks and Training #1) (Paperback): $19.99
- #2: The Dog Tricks and Training Workbook: A Step-by-Step Interactive Curriculum to Engage, Challenge, and Bond with Your Dog (Hardcover): $22.99
- #3: 51 Puppy Tricks: Step-by-Step Activities to Engage, Challenge, and Bond with Your Puppy (Dog Tricks and Training #3) (Paperback): $18.99
- #4: 10-Minute Dog Training Games: Quick & Creative Activities for the Busy Dog Owner (Dog Tricks and Training #4) (Paperback): $18.99
- #6: Dog Training 101: Step-by-Step Instructions for raising a happy well-behaved dog (Dog Tricks and Training #6) (Paperback): $19.99
- #7: The Pocket Guide to Dog Tricks: 101 Activities to Engage, Challenge, and Bond with Your Dog (Dog Tricks and Training #7) (Paperback): $14.99
- #8: Kyra's Canine Conditioning: Peak Performance • Injury Prevention • Coordination • Flexibility • Rehabilitation (Dog Tricks and Training #8) (Paperback): $19.99
- #9: The Joy of Dog Training: 30 Fun, No-Fail Lessons to Raise and Train a Happy, Well-Behaved Dog (Dog Tricks and Training #9) (Paperback): $19.99
This Kids Edition of the internationally best-selling 101 Dog Tricks presents tricks, games, and crafts specifically designed to get children involved in training the family dog. Step-by-step instructions and photography show kids exactly what to do.
Having your children train the family dog to perform tricks is an ideal way for them to build a safe and respectful relationship with their pet. Plus, it's a great way for kids and dogs to bond, build confidence, and have fun. Color photos show kids performing each step of the activity along with succinct descriptions of the numbered steps. The step-by-step approach, difficulty rating, and prerequisites will allow you and your child to start training easily and immediately. No special tools (such as clickers) or knowledge of specific training methods are required.
The amazing, yet simple-to-learn, tricks and games include:
- Hoop jump
- Balance on a brick
- Tidy up toys into toy box
Also included are fun arts and crafts projects that kids can make for and with their dogs, including paw paintings, personalized dogwear, handmade dog toys, and painted pet portraits.
Help kids do more with the family dog with 101 Dog Tricks, Kids Edition!
Also by Kyra Sundance, learn to do even more with your dog with: 101 Dog Tricks; The Dog Tricks and Training Workbook; 51 Puppy Tricks; 10-Minute Dog Training Games; Dog Training 101; The Pocket Guide to Dog Tricks; Kyra’s Canine Conditioning; and The Joy of Dog Training.
About the Author
Kyra Sundance is a world-renowned dog trainer, lecturer, and internationally best-selling author of 101 Dog Tricks: Step by Step Activities to Engage, Challenge and Bond with Your Dog. With over a million copies in print, Kyra’s award-winning books, kits, and DVDs have inspired dog owners worldwide to develop fun and rewarding relationships with their dogs. Her other books include Dog Training 101, The Joy of Dog Training, The Dog Tricks and Training Workbook, Kyra's Canine Conditioning, 51 Puppy Tricks, 10-Minute Dog Training Games, The Pocket Guide to Dog Tricks, and 101 Dog Tricks, Kids Edition.
Honed through decades of professional experience, Kyra’s easy step-by-step training methods are the most effective and humane way to train. Her positive methods foster confident, happy dogs who are motivated to do the right thing, rather than fearful of making a mistake.
As professional performers, Kyra and her Weimaraners starred in shows for the king of Morocco, Disney’s Hollywood stage shows, circuses, NBA halftime shows, on The Tonight Show, Ellen, Animal Planet, in movies, and in their own television series. Kyra is a professional set trainer for movie dogs, and is nationally ranked in competitive dog sports. She presents workshops around the world on dog tricks and canine conditioning.
Kyra is CEO of "Do More With Your Dog!" trick dog titling organization; the “National Trick Dog championships”; and Chair of the “Trick Dog Expo."
Kyra lives in Lancaster, California.
"Even old dogs are sure to learn a new trick or two as celebrity dog trainer and dog stunt-show performer Sundance delivers a kids' version of her popular 101 Dog Tricks (2007). Before leaping paws-first into the tricks, the author offers introductory advice on the best reward treats, how to hold a treat so fingers won't get nipped, and why kids are often better trainers than adults. Using a variety of dogs (though with mostly white child trainers), clear, step-by-step photographs and explanations begin with simple tricks and games that gradually progress into balancing and jumping and even skateboarding and surfing. The tricks only require common household or easily accessible items, and they include helpful tips for preparation, troubleshooting, and what to expect. Many of the tips also differentiate for differently sized and more fearful or shy dogs. Those who like to pamper their pooches will also appreciate the numerous craft ideas, from toys to treat bags to beaded collars. Fetch this for any young dog lover." - Booklist
'best book on the market'