Email or call for price
Out of Print
Experience the creative pulse of the city or catch a thrill in the great outdoors: it's all possible with Moon Toronto & Ontario. Inside you'll find:
- Flexible, strategic itineraries including three days in Toronto, a Georgian Bay coastal road trip, and a week covering the whole region
- The top sights and unique experiences: Take in dramatic views of Niagara Falls on a helicopter flightseeing tour, watch the Changing of the Guard at Ottawa's Parliament Building, or tread the thrilling Edgewalk 116 stories above Toronto. Dine at farm-to-table restaurants or sip your way through wine country. Gallery-hop through Toronto's world-class art scene or learn about indigenous culture at the Curve Lake First Nations Reserve.
- Outdoor recreation: Hike a section of the Bruce Trail (Canada's longest hiking route!), pedal along Lake Erie, or canoe through the lakes of Algonquin Provincial Park Scuba dive to deep shipwrecks in Lake Superior, relax on the world's longest freshwater beach, or go skiing, snowboarding, or dog-sledding through powdery snow
- Honest advice from Carolyn B. Heller, who has spent over a decade living and traveling throughout Canada, on when to go, where to eat, and where to stay
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Handy tips for international visitors, seniors, travelers with disabilities, and more
- Background information on the landscape, wildlife, history, and culture
- Full coverage of Toronto, Niagara Falls, Lake Erie, Lake Huron, Eastern Ontario, Ottawa, Lake Superior, Georgian Bay, Cottage Country, Algonquin, and the Northeast
For more Canadian adventures, check out Moon Montréal or Moon Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, & Prince Edward Island.
About the Author
A travel writer based in Vancouver, Canada, Carolyn B. Heller has celebrated spring in the Canadian Arctic, swapped fairy tales with a Druze family in the Golan Heights, studied Spanish in Ecuador and Costa Rica, and road tripped throughout North America. She writes about cultural, culinary, and offbeat adventures for Travel + Leisure, Atlas Obscura, Verge Magazine, Explore, The Takeout, Roads & Kingdoms, Montecristo, Canadian Traveller, and many other publications. And she’s the author of three Moon guidebooks: Moon Vancouver, Moon Toronto and Ontario, and Moon Vancouver and Canadian Rockies Road Trip.