(This book cannot be returned.)
Bulletproof TLS and PKI is a complete guide to using TLS encryption and PKI to deploy secure servers and web applications. Written by Ivan Ristic, author of the popular SSL Labs web site, this book will teach you everything you need to know to protect your systems from eavesdropping and impersonation attacks.
In this book, you'll find just the right mix of theory, protocol detail, vulnerability and weakness information, and deployment advice to get your job done:
- Comprehensive coverage of the ever-changing ﬁeld of SSL/TLS and Internet PKI, with updates to the digital version
- For IT professionals, help to understand security risks
- For system administrators, help to deploy systems securely
- For developers, help to secure web applications
- Practical and concise, with added depth as needed
- Introduction to cryptography and the Internet threat model
- Coverage of TLS 1.3 as well as earlier protocol versions
- Discussion of weaknesses at every level, covering implementation issues, HTTP and browser problems, and protocol vulnerabilities
- Coverage of the latest attacks, such as BEAST, CRIME, BREACH, Lucky 13, RC4 biases, Triple Handshake Attack, and Heartbleed
- Thorough deployment advice, including advanced technologies, such as Strict Transport Security, Content Security Policy, and pinning
- Guide to using OpenSSL to generate keys and certificates and to create and run a private certification authority
- Guide to using OpenSSL to test servers for vulnerabilities
This book is also available in a variety of digital formats directly from the publisher. Visit us at www.feistyduck.com.